Synopsis: This marks the fifth year of the collaborative film competition between Houston Cinema Arts Society and NASA. Finalists will be screened along with the top three winners selected by Academy Awards winner Richard Linklater. Each film must capture NASA-captured imagery collected through the agency’s fifty-year history and were judged on creativity, innovation, and attention to detail. All under ten minutes each, the chosen films represent a wide variety of documentary, experimental, and narrative genres.
- Space TV | Dan Brown, Gaeme Mackenzie-Owen, Dave Walters | United Kingdom | 4 min
- Lift Off | Clement Oberlin | France | 4 min
- Apollo 11 | Gabriela Iancu | Romania | 8 min
- 7 Planets | Milda Baginskaite | Lithuania | 7 min
- Nomadic Cloud | Wai Ching Cheng, Zhuoneng Wang | China | 5 min
- NASA 1991 Youth Recruitment Reel | Juan Pablo Jaramillo | USA | 2 min
- Mack Minded: Humanly Possible | Susan Carol Davis | USA | 8 min
- The Only Home We Will Ever Know | Matthew Pomerantz | USA | 3 min
- The Most Ideal Place | David Regos | Spain | 10 min
CineSpace 2019 is generously sponsored by ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum.