Synopsis: Chef Santi Cordón takes a journey on his vegycle (a bicycle/garden/cooker) from his home town of Tudela to Malaga’s Film Festival in which a documentary is competing. The documentary is about the last vegetable gardeners in which Santi is the main character.
In this 900 kilometres eco trip, he has as a companion the Malaga-born permaculturist Alberto Marín. This humorous road movie is born in the back of their journey in which its noble protagonists plant a vegetable garden on their bicycle, making it their trustee steed.
This chivalrous adventure is a humble foray into a forgotten Spain to listen to the romantic quest of its last Quixotes, to exchange seeds with them and to highlight a culinary treasure on the verge of extinction.
‘Quixotes and seeds’ is a documentary loaded with consciousness and poetry, with resistance and romanticism, in which the vegicle travels through mesmerasing landscapes sowing seeds of life.
Photographer and documentary filmmaker born in Pamplona (Navarra).
His audiovisual works are focused on travel, gastronomy and the rural world.
– Goya ® Award 2016 with Hijos de la tierra Best Documentary Short Film
– National Geographic Award 2008
– Los últimos de la Mejana, rebeldía y esperanza – The home of snails (2020)
– De Quijotes y semillas – Quixotes and seeds (2021)
– Hijos de la tierra – Sons of the earth (2016)